Domestic Violence and Abuse

Learn About Your Issue

Other Family Problems

This category concerns options for people dealing with domestic violence and abuse, including getting protective orders, enforcing them, understanding abuse, reporting abuse, and getting resources and status if there is abuse.

7 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Social Security Numbers (SSA) for Domestic Violence Victims

Here is information from the Social Security Administration about getting a new Social Security number for victims of domestic violence.

Domestic Violence And Abuse

This information covers issues related to and for people with domestic violence and abuse. This includes getting protective orders, enforcing them, understanding abuse, and getting resources and help if there is abuse.

Emergency Ex Parte Custody

In some cases, there may be a need for a court order relating to child custody before the other parent or party can be heard before the Court. A custody order entered before the other party has an opportunity to respond is called "ex parte," and they are available in limited, usually emergency, circumstances.

Fault-Based Divorce In Louisiana

Fault-based divorce in Louisiana is based on Louisiana Civil Code article 103. This article discusses divorces on the grounds that a spouse committed adultery, or domestic violence, or has been convicted of a felony and sentenced to death or imprisonment at hard labor.

Housing Law Protections For Domestic Abuse Victims

Louisiana law provides certain protections from evictions based on incidents of domestic abuse. This discusses how tenants can claim protection from eviction based on domestic abuse and when a landlord can evict a tenant even though there has been an incident of domestic abuse on the leased premises.

Louisiana Protective Order Registry (LPOR) Forms

These forms are the Louisiana Uniform Abuse Prevention Order forms, mandated for use. This set of forms includes temporary restraining orders, protective orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions, criminal "stay away" orders, and orders to modify, dissolve and dismiss prior orders.

Modifying Child Custody

This resource explains when the law allows a party to ask for a change in a custody judgment. It discusses the differences between changing a consent versus considered judgment of custody. This resource goes over the process to change a consent child custody judgment.

Back to top