Name Or Gender Change

Learn About Your Issue

Other Family Problems

This category concerns options and process of changing one's name or gender assignment.

1 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Changing A Minor Child's Name

This resource explains the name change process for minor children in Louisiana. To legally change a minor's name, the parent or legal guardian must submit a petition to the court. The petition must include the minor's current name, the proposed name, the reason for the name change, the consent of everyone with legal custody of the minor, and proof of the minor's date of birth. Once the petition is approved, the court will issue an order for a name change. 

Back to top