The National Association of Consumer Advocates and Lawhub recently created a series of five animated videos for consumers on debt defense. NACA attorneys provided content knowledge and expertise and Lawhub transformed that knowledge into animated videos.
The videos cover the following topics:
1) Dealing with debt collectors
2) I received notice of a lawsuit, what should I do?
3) Defending yourself in a lawsuit
4) Was I served legal papers properly?
5) I have a judgment against me. Money is being taken from my bank account.
See the videos below, and then check out the link for FAQs about debt collection under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.