You Should Know: COVID-19 Pandemic-EBT Program (FAQs)
Authored By: Louisiana Appleseed
P-EBT: Food Support for Children During COVID-19
What is P-EBT? +
The Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) provides additional money to be used for food.
- Eligible households will receive $285 per child.
- P-EBT does NOT impact a child's immigration status.
- P-EBT does NOT impact grab and go student meals eligibility.
- P-EBT is NOT the same as SNAP. You can use SNAP and P-EBT.
Am I eligible? +
Eligibility requires that your child/children:
- Receive free or reduced-price meals under the National School Lunch Program, OR
- Attend a school where every child receives free meals.
What if the application says my child is not eligible? +
Contact your child's school or district to determine what they have on file for your child. The infomation entered in the for must match EXACTLY with the school's files.
What if the application gives me an error message? +
Your phone or web browser probably isn't compatible with the state's compuer system. Try using a different browser or device.
How will I receive the funds? +
A P-EBT card will be mailed to you along with instructions on how to use the card.
Is the card reusable? +
Yes! You can reload funds at a later time.
Do P-EBT funds carry over? +
Yes, P-EBT funds carry over month-to-month, BUT will be removed after ONE year.