Disaster can strike at any time and with little notice. It is crucial to account for important personal items in the event that you need to file a claim with your insurance provider to replace the item(s) or the cost of the item(s). Make a record of your possessions to help you claim a reimbursement when your items are lost or damaged.
Important: Do not wait! When disaster strikes, it is important to have already prepared and safeguarded a document that includes your current personal property home inventory.
You may need to provide a personal property home inventory for the following types of insurance after a disaster:
(1) Make a list of all the items and things that you own including their cost and condition.
(2) Include photographs or videos of the interior/exterior of your home as well as cars, boats, and recreational vehicles.
(3) Have photos of durable medical equipment, and be sure to make a record of the make and model numbers for each item.
(4) Get professional appraisals of jewelry, collectibles, artwork, or other items that may be difficult to evaluate.
(5) Make copies of receipts and canceled checks showing the cost of valuable items.
You may need a personal property home inventory with a list of the items that you own or in your home if they are damaged due to a disaster or flood event to apply for insurance benefits coverage. Click the FAQs below to get more information on home inventory.