LouisianaLawHelp.orgLouisiana Law Help

What is my right to my military spouse's retirement? What right does my spouse have to my military retirement? (Article)

Authored By: Defense Accounting and Finance Service

The Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act (USFSPA), 10 U.S.C. 1408, recognizes the right of state courts to distribute military retired pay to a spouse or former spouse and provides a method of enforcing these orders through the Department of Defense.

Link: www.dfas.mil

Last Review and Update: Mar 03, 2020

Contacting the LiveHelp service...